Grow your local farmers’ market!
Check out this new infographic on EBT at farmers’ markets!
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program – Newsletter for Senior Citizens
January-February 2016 edition includes articles on: Tips for a Nutritious New Year, Tips for Stretching your Food Dollars, Cooking for One or Two, and Lets Talk Trash.
Nutrition Nibbles March-April 2016 this edition includes article on: Choosing Health Restaurant Meals, 10 Tips for Choosing Healthy Foods as you Age, Nutrition Facts: Reading the Label, and Cooking for One or Two.
Nutrition Nibble May-June 2016 this edition includes articles on: Thirsty? Drink Water!, Benefits of Exercise & Physical Activity, 4 Categories of Exercises, Farmers Market Shopping Tips, How can I find a farmers market near me?, Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, How to use a Quest card at the farmers market, and Healthy Recipes.
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program – 1 page monthly handouts to schools
- June 2016 Menu Back
- May 2016 Menu Back
- April Menu Back 2016
- March Menu Back 2016
- February Menu Back 2016
- January Menu Back 2016
Ashland & Bayfield Counties Community Resource Guide 2016 (PDF, 26 pages, 775KB)
The Building Strong Families Ashland and Bayfield Counties Community Resource Guide is adapted from the ABC Family Resource Guide. We will continue to update this Community Resource Guide, if you know of updates or changes please let our office know, by email or call 715-682-7017.
Food & Nutrition
- FoodWIse – Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – Fight Bac!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention