Next Parent Cafés series: Oct and Nov 2017 Poster.
- Mondays: October 16, 23 and 30 from 9am-10:30am at Freehands Lakeside, Ashland
- Wednesdays: November 1, 8, and 15 from 4:30pm-6:00pm at the Washburn Public Library
Please take our survey to help us schedule a Parent Café near you.
What happens at a Parent Café? During the three part Parent Café series, parents discuss various themes including:
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Reducing Stress in Busy Households
- Being a Strong Parent
- Building Strong Relationships with Your Children
- Give every parent a chance to be heard.
- Are fun! (and include food!)
- Are a fulfilling way for parents to talk, to listen, and to support others with stressors, worries and challenges that many have struggled with alone.
- Support parents in building friendships and a strong network of families who help eachother stay strong!
Café themes focus on five “protective factors” and provide a framework for parents to relate them to their own lives. The Five Protective Factors include:
- Be strong and flexible
- Parents need friends
- Being a great parent is part natural and part learned
- We all need help sometimes
- Parents need to help their children communicate
Research from the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) shows that when Protective Factors are present, families are stronger and children have a better chance for positive outcomes
Through Parent Cafés, parents are working to build these Protective Factors in their families.
To Learn More Contact:
PO Box 218
Washburn, WI 54891
715- 373-6104, ext. 252
UW-Extension, Ashland County
Ashland, WI 54806
711 for Wisconsin Relay (TDD) “An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and ADA requirements. Please make requests for reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to educational programs as early as possible preceding the scheduled program, service or activity.”