Grow your local farmers’ market!
Check out this new infographic on EBT at farmers’ markets!
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program – Newsletter for Senior Citizens
February-March 2017 Newsletter: this edition includes articles on: Reducing Your Sodium Intake, 17 Health Tips for 2017, Special Nutrient Needs of Older Adults, and recipes for Cooking for One or Two.
May-June 2017 Newsletter: this edition includes articles on: Stretching Your Food Dollar, Tips for Using Leftover Food, Foods for Under a Dollar a Pound, The Power of Carrots, Recipes, and Information on the Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program.
July-August 2017 Newsletter: this edition includes articles on: Keeping Fruits and Vegetables Fresh Longer, Peak Seasons for Wisconsin Fruits and Veggies, Area Farmers’ Markets, Health Hydration, Smoothie Popsicle Recipes.
September-October 2017 Newsletter: this edition includes articles on: Health Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables, Older American Nutritional Guidelines, Healthy Eating Recipes for One or Two, Nutrients, Health Tips.
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program – 1 page monthly handouts to schools
Ashland & Bayfield Counties Community Resource Guide 2016 (PDF, 26 pages, 775KB)
The Building Strong Families Ashland and Bayfield Counties Community Resource Guide is adapted from the ABC Family Resource Guide. We will continue to update this Community Resource Guide, if you know of updates or changes please let our office know, by email or call 715-682-7017.
Food & Nutrition
- FoodWIse – Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – Fight Bac!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention